UNM Alumni Association Launches
its annual Homecoming Community Service Project
The UNM Alumni Association will collect items at several locations across campus beginning Monday, September 23rd through Friday, September 27th.
For the 4th year in a row, the UNM Alumni Association will collect toilet paper for its annual Roll for the Cause to support the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) as part of its Homecoming Community Service Project. RMHC provides comfort, care and a home away from home for families whose children are in medical treatment. They service over 30 families per night in their Albuquerque location.
Also this year, with many Albuquerque Public Schools’ families in need of assistance, the UNM Alumni Association will gather much-needed donations benefiting the APS Title I Homeless Project. With nearly 7,000 homeless children and youth in the Albuquerque area, these donations make a tremendous difference in these students’ lives. Donations should include travel-size toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, hair brushes, soap, lotion, deodorant, toothbrushes and toothpaste.
Community Service Donation Box Locations:
- Anderson School of Management: West Wing (2nd Floor);
Career Services Center, East Wing (1st Floor)
- Dean of Students Office
- Hodgin Hall
- Student Affairs Office in Scholes Hall (2nd Floor)
- Student Support & Services Center (SSSC)
- Student Union Building—Near the Information Desk
- School of Pharmacy and Nursing (near elevator)
- Staff Council Picnic Dominguez Plaza
- School of Law
- UNM Foundation, 700 Lomas Blvd NE (Off-Campus Location)