Alumni Scholarship Opportunities . . .
We're Proud to Help! Thanks to the gifts from alumni, friends, and chapters, the UNM Alumni Association assists top UNM students with their academic expenses. The scholarships are available to full-time undergraduate and graduate students. Scholarship amounts may change annually.
ALL scholarship applicants will be notified by Tuesday, April 30, 2013 as to whether or not they received a scholarship.
NOTE: Please save the pdf files to your computer before filling out.
Do not staple or bind any part of your application.
2013 Scholarship Application Downloads
The scholarship application process is pretty simple. Just click the appropriate download link and follow the prompts. Because not everyone is equally comfortable with web applications, detailed instructions follow.
2013 Scholarship FAQs (Optional)
Important: One copy of your unoffical transcript is required to complete your scholarship application. Your transcript may be emailed, mailed or hand-delivered. See our FAQ page for details.
- Click on the link above for the appropriate application form. The form for Graduate Scholarships is different than the form for Undergraduate Scholarships.
- The links above will download the application files in pdf format. Depending on your browser, the pdf might open up in a new window. If so, just be sure to save the file to your computer before you fill the form out.
- Open the downloaded files with Adobe Reader*.
- Fill out the application form. Make sure you save your form after you fill it out as well. There are pages included for your resume and personal statement. You will need two letters of recommendation for your application. Please use our separate Recommendation Form for this purpose.
- When finished, print and sign the application.
- If sending by email, type your name at the end of the application. By typing your name you are agreeing to abide by the terms set forth in the application.
- There are several delivery options noted in the application files for your completed application and recommendation forms.
* ACROBAT READER: The application forms are an Adobe pdf file format. You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to open the application form. Adobe Reader is a free application that takes only a couple of minutes to install.
Application deadline: All completed applications must be submitted no later than 5:00 P.M. ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2013. If sent by postal mail, the envelope must be postmarked February 28, 2013 to be considered.
2013-2014 Alumni Association Undergraduate Scholarships
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT / NEED BASED
- Arthur Friedman Scholarship: $225/semester - $450/year
- The Frank V. Kremer, Jr. Scholarship: $475/semester - $950/year
- The Harry F. Lee Memorial Scholarship: $600/semester - $1,200/year
- The Wood Clements Endowed Scholarship: $400/semester - $800/year
- The John “Puffy” Leonard Memorial Scholarship: $412.50/semester - $825/year
- The Harvey Scholarship: $225/semester - $450/year
- The Lawrence Abraham and Wadette Goze Memorial Scholarship: $750/semester - $1,500/year
- The Kathleen McCann Pi Lambda Theta Scholarship: $500/semester - $1,000/year
LEADERSHIP / COMMUNITY SERVICE / CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT
- Class of '42 Memorial Scholarship: (financial need)
$425/semester - $850/year
- The Lena Clauve Memorial Scholarship: $425/semester - $850/year
- Alumni Association Memorial Scholarship: $375/semester - $750/year
- The Jean Mullins Macey Scholarship: $600/semester - $1,200/year
|Scholarship Category||Undergrad Status||Academic Achievement||Financial Needs Based||Other Requirements|
|Academic Achievement / Need Based||Full-time||Must demonstrate achievement||Yes||N/A|
|Education||Full-time, student of Teacher Education in the College of Education at UNM||3.5 GPA or greater||No||N/A|
|Leadership / Community Service / Campus Involvement||Full-time||3.2 GPA or greater||No||Must demonstrate leadership and service to UNM and the community|
|Women's Scholarship(s)||Full-time, junior or senior woman at UNM||3.0 GPA or greater||No||Outstanding campus service|
2013-2014 Alumni Association Graduate Scholarships
- Executive Women International, Albuquerque Chapter: $550/semester – $1,100/year
- AAUW Scholarship for Graduate Women, Albuquerque Branch: $375/semester - $750/year
- Anne J. Brown – Master of Public Administration (MPA) Graduate Scholarship: $500/semester - $1,000/year
|Scholarship||Academic Status||Academic Achievement||Min. Enrollment / Semester||Other Requirements|
|Executive Women International||Female preparing to advance current career, change careers, or re-enter the workforce||3.0 GPA or greater||6 graduate hours||Outstanding campus (or community) service and leadership|
|AAUW Scholarship for Graduate Women||Female preparing to advance current career, change careers, or re-enter the workforce||3.0 GPA or greater||6 graduate hours||Outstanding campus (or community) service and leadership|
|Anne J. Brown Master of Public Administration||Must be enrolled in the MPA Graduate Program at UNM||Must have successfully completed 6 credit hours as a regular student in the MPA program||6 graduate hours||N/A|
University of New Mexico Scholarship Information
- Anderson School of Management
- College of Education
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Pharmacy
- National Native American Youth Initiative
- School of Engineering
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Public Administration
- Summer Research Trainee Program
- UNM General Scholarship Information
- UNM Center For Academic Excellence and Leadership Development
- UNM Parent Association
Last updated: September 18, 2013