Alumni Scholarship Opportunities . . .
We're Proud to Help! Thanks to the gifts from alumni, friends, and chapters, the UNM Alumni Association assists top UNM students with their academic expenses.
Alumni Association scholarships are available to full-time undergraduate and graduate students at UNM. Scholarships are awarded using a variety of factors such as academic achievement, community involvement, employment experiences, areas of study, financial need and several others. Scholarship amounts may change annually.
2014-2015 Scholarship Applications
The scholarship application process is pretty simple. Just click the link below and follow the prompts.
Scholarship FAQs (Optional)
Important: One copy of your unoffical transcript is required to complete your scholarship application. Your transcript must be uploaded at the time of application. Two letters or recommendation are also required. Once your application is submitted, a link will be sent to those you've chosen to write your recommendations. See our FAQ page for details.
- Click on the link above for the appropriate application. The form for Graduate Scholarships is different than the form for Undergraduate Scholarships.
- The links above will direct you to an online application form. If you need the application in an alternative format, please contact us at 505-277-5808.
- Fill out the application form completely. There are pages included for your resume and personal statement. You will need two letters of recommendation for your application. A link to our recommendation form will be sent to those you have chosen to write your recommendations after you submit your application.
Application deadline: All completed applications must be submitted no later Monday, March 3, 2014, 5:00 p.m. MST to be considered.
2014-2015 Alumni Association Undergraduate Scholarships
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT / NEED BASED SCHOLARSHIPS
In addition to being enrolled as a full-time undergraduate at UNM; applicant must demonstrate academic achievement and financial need.
- Wood Clements Endowed Scholarship: $400/semester - $800/year
- Arthur Friedman Scholarship: $300/semester - $600/year
- Frank V. Kremer, Jr. Scholarship: $500/semester - $1,000/year
- John "Puffy" Leonard Memorial Scholarship: $350/semester - $700/year
LEADERSHIP / COMMUNITY SERVICE / CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
In addition to the specific criteria listed for these scholarships, applicant must also be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate at UNM and demonstrate outstanding service, leadership, and involvement on campus or in the community.
- Alumni Association Memorial Scholarship: $250/semester - $500/year
Additional Criteria: GPA 3.2+
- Class of '42 Memorial Scholarship: $750/semester - $1,500/year
Additional Criteria: Must be a Junior or Senior; GPA 3.2+; Must demonstrate financial need
- Lena Clauve Memorial Scholarship: $450/semester - $900/year
Additional Criteria: Must be a Junior or Senior; GPA 3.2+
- Arthur Harvey Scholarship: $225/semester - $450/year
Additional Criteria: Must be a Sophomore; GPA 3.2+
In addition to being enrolled as a full-time undergraduate at UNM, applicant must meet the criteria specified below:
- Lawrence Abraham and Wadette Goze
Memorial Scholarship: $500/semester - $1,000/year
Additional Criteria: Must be Sophomore or Junior in the College of Education; GPA 3.0+. N.M. resident; Must demonstrate financial need
- Harry F. Lee Memorial Scholarship: $550/semester - $1,100/year
Additional Criteria: GPA 3.0+; N.M. resident with rural background; Career in agriculture/ranching; Must demonstrate financial need
- Kathleen McCann Pi Lambda Theta Scholarship: $500/semester - $1,000/year
Additional Criteria: Enrollment is in the College of Education with a GPA of 3.5+
- Jean Mullins Macey Scholarship: $550/semester - $1,100/year
Additional Criteria: Must be Junior or Senior female; GPA 3.0+; Must demonstrate leadership and service
2014-2015 Alumni Association Graduate Scholarships
- Executive Women International, Albuquerque Chapter:
$550/semester – $1,100/year
- AAUW Scholarship for Graduate Women, Albuquerque Branch:
$350/semester - $700/year
- Anne J. Brown – Master of Public Administration (MPA) Graduate Scholarship:
$600/semester - $1,200/year
|Scholarship||Academic Achievement||Min. Enrollment / Semester||Other Requirements|
|Executive Women International: Given to female preparing to advance current career, change careers, or re-enter the workforce||3.0 GPA or greater||Minimum of 6 graduate hours||Must demonstrate outstanding campus or community involvement, service or leadership|
|AAUW Scholarship for Graduate Women: Given female preparing to advance current career, change careers, or re-enter the workforce||3.0 GPA or greater||Minimum of 6 graduate hours||Must demonstrate outstanding campus or community involvement, service or leadership|
|Anne J. Brown Master of Public Administration: Must be enrolled in the MPA Graduate Program at UNM||Must have completed 6 credit hours as a regular student in the MPA program||Minimum of 6 graduate hours||Must submit one letter of support from a regular Public Administration Faculty member|
University of New Mexico Scholarship Information
- Anderson School of Management
- College of Education
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Pharmacy
- National Native American Youth Initiative
- School of Engineering
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Public Administration
- Summer Research Trainee Program
- UNM General Scholarship Information
- UNM Center For Academic Excellence and Leadership Development
- UNM Parent Association
Last updated: January 24, 2014