College of Education Alumni Chapter
The College of Education(COE) Alumni Chapter supports the interest of the students, alumni and friends of the COE at UNM.
The Friends Board, the COE Alumni Chapter board of directors, increases private and public support for the College. The board members are ambassadors who engage with key stakeholders to promote the College.
(2018 - 2021)
Business and nonprofit leader, retired
Librarian, Catlin Gabel School
Dean Emeritus, UNM College of Education Professor & PNM Endowed Chair, UNM College of Education
President, Next Level Executive Search
(St. Augustine, FL)
Sr. Instructor II, OHSU-PSU School of Public Health, Portland State Univ.
Senior Vice President, Sea Mar Community Health Centers
(2018 - 2021)
Senior Executive, US Department of Agriculture, retired
(Santa Fe, NM)
Professor Emeritus, Adelphi University
Superintendent, Santa Fe Public Schools
Director, Navajo Nation Scholarship Office
(Window Rock, AZ)
Energy Industry Executive, retired
College of Education Recognition Awards
The purpose of the awards is to express deep appreciation to those individuals and organizations, who, through service, and accomplishment, bring distinction and honor to the College of Education (COE) and the University of New Mexico.
The COE Alumni Chapter supports the wide variety of academic programs in the College. The Chapter welcomes submissions for award nominees, regardless of program or department. The College’s current Departments are:
- Health, Exercise, and Sports Sciences
- Programs: athletic training, exercise science, health education, physical education teacher education and sport administration.
- Individual, Family, and Community Education
- Programs: counselor education, educational psychology, family and child studies and nutrition.
- Language, Literacy, and Sociocultural Studies
- Programs: language, literacy and sociocultural studies and educational linguistics.
- Special Education (SPCD)
- Programs at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels in special education. Certificates in: applied behavior analysis, educational diagnosis, autism spectrum disorder and specialist in education (Ed.S.).
- Teacher Education, Educational Leadership
- Programs: elementary education, secondary education, educational leadership, teacher education degrees and post master’s certificates and the online MA in education.
College of Education Alumni Award
For graduates who have brought honor and/or have made significant contributions to their professions in New Mexico and/or nationally/internationally.
- Outstanding achievements by UNM-COE alumni working as professionals in the fields represented in the COE departments.
- Five years or more of professional experience in the COE related field (e.g. educators, administrators, counselors, nutrition professionals, researchers).
- Currently holds, or has held, a professional education or leadership position in a local, state or national professional organization, post-secondary educational institution or policy-making/review board.
- Has received recognition for professional ability or service to individuals, schools, health care organizations or the community. (This may include but is not limited to involvement with student activities; support groups; public or private agencies, professional and civic organizations and activities; and presentations or publications at the local, state and/or national levels.)
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to students/clients, life-long learning, and professional growth.
College of Education Community Award
For individuals who are not graduates and/or for organizations. This award recognizes nominees who have made a significant contribution to endeavors related to the missions of the departments of the College.
- Has contributed, for no less than one year, to the missions of one or more departments within the COE. This may include serving on boards or advisory committees, providing for practicum experiences, mentorships or internships, etc.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to supporting the departments in the COE (i.e., providing field experience/practicum opportunities, student support of various kinds, etc.).
- Is respected within the community for the support of one or more of the departments within the COE.
Use our online form to nominate outstanding COE alumni, students, or organizations!
If you would like to join the College of Education Alumni Chapter, please email your information to: Maria Wolfe or fill out the submission form below.
Last Updated: April 12, 2019
For questions or more information:
Sr. Alumni Relations Officer
Alumni Relations Office