Golden Graduates . . .
Has It Really Been 50 Years?!
Each year, UNM Golden Graduates — the class celebrating its 50th anniversary – are honored at The University of New Mexico Commencement.
In 2016, the UNM Alumni Association will be honoring those alumni who graduated in 1966. This special Golden Graduate recognition began as a salute to alumni unable to participate in their own commencement ceremonies because of military service in WWII and the Korean Conflict. Gold-colored robes are provided and the names of those returning for the ceremony are printed in the official program. In addition to participating in the Commencement ceremony, Golden Graduates are invited to a reunion reception, followed by the Heritage Club Dinner. This is a perfect opportunity to reminisce with former classmates and friends!
Schedule of Events
Please join us for Heritage Club and Spring Commencement Weekend 2016. Registration opens Friday, March 25, 2016.
FRIDAY, MAY 13, 2016
Hodgin Hall Alumni Center, UNM Main Campus
- 10:00 am-2:00 pm, Open House and Robe Fitting: Enjoy coffee, tea and treats while you are fitted with your golden robe and mortar board for Saturday’s commencement. Then explore your beautiful Hodgin Hall Alumni Center, browse through yearbooks, take photos, and video tape your thoughts on life at UNM 50+ years ago!
- 10:30-11:30 am, Campus Walking Tour: Explore the UNM campus on this 1 hour tour, glimpse the past and see how we have grown! The tour will depart from Hodgin Hall Alumni Center.
- 4:00-5:00 pm, Wine and Cheese Reception: Come enjoy this time to mingle and reminisce with classmates and friends!
- 5:00-7:00 pm, Heritage Club Dinner: $30 per person. Enjoy a great evening of food, fun, music, recognition and friends!
SATURDAY, MAY 14, 2016
Rudy Davalos Center, Wise Pies Arena, aka the Pit
- Arrive by 8:15 am, Commencement: Kick off the 2016 UNM Commencement with a Golden Graduate Procession. Then enjoy the rest of the commence ceremonies in your place of honor right in front of the stage, inspiring the next generation of UMN graduates! [ Download Instructions (pdf) ]
Special Hotel Rates:
Courtyard by Marriott Albuquerque Airport
- Group rate: $79.00 for a King room with a sleeper sofa
- Dates available: May 12-15, 2016
- Book by: Reservations must be made prior to April 21, 2016
To reserve your group rate, call 800-228-9290 and reference The University of New Mexico Alumni Room Block, or book directly online here.
Memory Book Questionnaire
Members from the 62nd anniversary class are invited to fill out forms to be included in memory books. Submit your memories today!
Last Updated: May 4, 2016
For questions or more information: