Golden Graduates . . .
Has It Really Been 50 Years?!
Each year, UNM Golden Graduates — the class celebrating its 50th anniversary – are honored at The University of New Mexico Commencement.
In 2017, the UNM Alumni Association will be honoring those alumni who graduated in 1967. This special Golden Graduate recognition began as a salute to alumni unable to participate in their own commencement ceremonies because of military service in WWII and the Korean Conflict. Gold-colored robes are provided and the names of those returning for the ceremony are printed in the official program. In addition to participating in the Commencement ceremony, Golden Graduates are invited to a reunion reception, followed by the Heritage Club Dinner. This is a perfect opportunity to reminisce with former classmates and friends!
Golden Graduates and Heritage Club Information
Special Hotel Rates:
Courtyard by Marriott,
1920 Yale Blvd SE, Albuquerque
Group rate: $75 per night. Reservations must be made prior to May 1, 2017. To reserve your group rate, call 800-321-2211 and reference The University of New Mexico Alumni Association - Golden Grads Room Block.
Crowne Plaza Albuquerque,
901 University Blvd. NE, Albuquerque
Group rate: $89 per night. Reservations must be made prior to May 1, 2017. To reserve your group rate, call 1-844-356-6178 and reference UNM Alumni - Golden Grads.
Downtown Historic Bed & Breakfast,
201 High St. NE, Albuquerque
Group rate: $119 for 1 night, $109 for 2 or more nights. Reservations must be made prior to May 1, 2017. To reserve your group rate, call 505-842-0223 and reference UNM Alumni-Golden Grads.
Class of 1967 Class Notes:
Sign up for UNM Alumni Connect, the UNM Alumni Association's online community to find and connect with Class of 1967 alumni, submit a class note, or update your contact information. All you need to do is establish a User ID and password and login. You can search by maiden name, class year, degree, major, and city/state.
More information and to sign-up here.
Schedule of Events:
FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2017
Hodgin Hall Alumni Center, UNM Main Campus
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Open House and Robe Fitting: Enjoy coffee, tea and treats while you are fitted with your golden robe and mortar board for Saturday’s commencement. Then explore the beautiful Hodgin Hall Alumni Center, browse through yearbooks, take photos, and video tape your thoughts on life at UNM 50+ years ago.
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., Campus Walking Tour: Explore the UNM campus on this 1 hour tour, glimpse the past and see how we have grown! The tour will depart from Hodgin Hall Alumni Center.
- 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., Golden Grad and Heritage Club Reception: Come enjoy this time to mingle and reminisce with classmates and friends.
- 6 p.m., Heritage Club Dinner: $30 per person. At the dinner we will honor our Heritage Club members and induct the 1967 graduates. Enjoy a great evening of food, fun, music, recognition and friends.
SATURDAY, MAY 13, 2017
Rudy Davalos Center, Wise Pies Arena, aka the Pit
- Arrive by 8:15 a.m., Commencement: Kick off the 2017 UNM commencement with a Golden Graduate procession. Then enjoy the rest of the commencement ceremonies in your place of honor—right in front of the stage, inspiring the next generation of UMN graduates. [ Download Instructions (pdf) ]
Memory Book Questionnaire
Who were your favorite professors?
What were your favorite places on campus?
Do you have any words of wisdom to share with new graduates or other alums?
Members from the 63rd anniversary class are invited to fill out forms to be included in memory books (a bound book created with photos from the 1966 Mirage Yearbooks, memorabilia from these decades, and most importantly memories from our graduates).
Please return your submission by Friday, April 28, 2017.
Class Notes Questionnaire: ( DOC )
Save the date!
Please join us for Heritage Club and Spring Commencement Weekend 2017 on May 12-May 13, 2017. RSVP here.
Privacy: The UNM Alumni Association respects your privacy. Your email address will not be shared or sold to a third-party.
Memory Book Questionnaire
Last Updated: March 30, 2017
For questions or more information: