Celebration traditions, making new ones
Use the RSVP link above to purchase Homecoming merchandise, donate to the 127 Club, or register for most Homecoming events, including the E&PS, Honors College, NROTC Alumni Weekends, Alumni Tailgate, and many more!
Here are a few things you can look forward to this year!
Sunday, Sept. 25, 2016, 8 a.m. to
8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 2, 2016.
This HOWLABALOO officially kicks off with the Alumni Association’s annual Online Auction at 8 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 25, giving out-of-town Lobo alums and our tech-friendly supporters the opportunity to bid on items to raise funds for the UNM Alumni Association Scholarship Fund and alumni programs. So mark your calendars and get ready to type in your bid here.
We are still taking donations to help make this year’s auction the best yet! Our generous donors have given items including balloon rides, ski packages, green chile deliveries and so much more! Donate online, or contact Victoria Beserra-Lujan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 277-6040.
Hodgin Hall Alumni Center Open House & Silent Auction
Friday, Sept. 30, 2016
The UNM Alumni Association enthusiastically invites alumni and community members to its annual Open House & Silent Auction from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at Hodgin Hall Alumni Center. Get ready to howl for an evening of fun, live entertainment and delicious refreshments while perusing the fabulous auction items from our generous donors. Auction proceeds support the UNM Alumni Association Scholarship Fund and alumni programs. RSVP recommended.
Join The Homecoming 127 Club!
The UNM Alumni Association asks you to consider supporting Homecoming by joining this year's Homecoming 127 Club with a minimum donation amount of $127. Your donation will assist in supporting Homecoming, our alumni programs and student scholarships. To show our appreciation, you will receive either a pair of tickets to the Homecoming 2016 football game against San Jose State at 2 p.m. on Oct. 1, or a copy of the limited edition Homecoming 2016 poster, Chamisa Near Villanueva by artist David Perez Escudero. In addition, you will be listed as a member of the Homecoming 127 Club on the Alumni Association's webpage. We hope you will join in our efforts to make Homecoming 2016 the best yet! Please register securely online here.
Faculty & Staff Alumni Luncheon
Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2016
Full-time Alumni faculty and staff are invited to the annual Homecoming Appreciation Lunch at noon in The SUB Ballroom. Space is limited to the first 300 guests, so be sure to pick up your ticket in advance at Hodgin Hall Alumni Center, starting Monday, Sept. 19 at 8 a.m. Tickets will be dispersed on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure to bring your Lobo ID (reservations will not be accepted over the phone). Faculty and Staff who donate a nonperishable food item at the UNM Alumni Association's Faculty & Staff Alumni Luncheon on Wednesday, Sept. 28, will receive a 2016 commemorative UNM Homecoming pin.
All University Breakfast
Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016
The University of New Mexico Alumni Association is proud to announce the recipients of its 2016 Lobo, Zia and Inspirational Young Alumnus awards. The recipients will be honored at the Alumni Association's All University Breakfast at The Student Union Building (SUB) Ballroom on UNM's Main Campus. The breakfast will begin at 9 a.m. The public is invited to attend. Tickets are $20 per person and reservations are required. RSVP and to purchase tickets here or call the Alumni Relations Office at 505-277-5808.
All Alumni Tailgate
Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016
The UNM Alumni Association will continue the HOWLABALOO homecoming party at its annual All Alumni Homecoming Tailgate from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the North 4 Lot at University Stadium, featuring guests from the Anderson School of Management, College of Nursing and College of Pharmacy. All alumni and Lobo fans are invited! A mini Oktoberfest pub crawl will feature tastings from local microbreweries including Red Door and Rio Bravo Brewing Co. ID's will be checked at the door. Food options include a burger meal for $10 per person. Stop by to get your alumni spirit items to cheer on the Lobos as they take on San Jose State University at 2 p.m. RSVP and purchase tailgate meal tickets here or call the Alumni Relations Office at 505-277-5808.
Homecoming Community Service Project
Monday, Sept. 26, through Friday, Sept. 30
The University of New Mexico Alumni Association will be collecting nonperishable food items in support for the Roadrunner Food Bank in support of the Lobo Food Pantry as part of the seventh annual Homecoming Community Service Project.
No Lobo should ever howl in hunger. That is why our pack is coming together to collect boxed and canned food that will help support the monthly Lobo Food Pantry, organized by the Dean of Students Office, Office of Student Affairs and LoboRESPECT Advocacy Center. Every month, the Lobo Food Pantry gives students the opportunity to receive free groceries through the program, donated by the Roadrunner Food Bank of New Mexico. In the first six months of launching the Lobo Food Pantry, it served more than 800 students and families by providing them with free groceries.
The UNM Alumni Association will collect items at several locations across UNM's Main Campus including:
- Anderson School of Management in the Advisement & Career Services Center (1st Floor)
- Hodgin Hall Alumni Center
- Johnson Recreation Center
Travel and Lodging
The official hotels for Homecoming 2016 are listed below. Homecoming weekend overlaps with the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta so special room rates have been negotiated for our alumni for Homecoming week (September 26-October 2). Please see reservation deadlines specific to each hotel.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1901 University Blvd. NE, offers a discount rate to UNM Alumni of $94.00 per night September 26-29, then $115.67 per night September 30-October 1. Call (505) 884-2500 for reservations, or call Tony Ration, Reservations Manager, at (505) 998-6405. Refer to the group name "UNM." You may also book online here. Must book by August 27 for these special rates.
- Fairfield Inn, 1760 Menaul Blvd. NE, offers a discount rate for UNM Alumni for $74/night Monday-Thursday and $129/night Friday-Sunday (plus tax). Call 1-877-301-8484 (toll free) for reservations, or book online here. Must book by August 27 for these special rates. Note: when you make the reservation online, only the $129 rate will show. They will correct the UNM reservations on their side to reflect the Mon-Thurs reduced rate. If you have questions please call their toll free number for help.
- The Courtyard by Marriott Albuquerque Airport, 1920 Yale Blvd SE, offers a discount rate for UNM Alumni during Homecoming week for $139/night plus tax based on queen with two beds, and includes breakfast for two in the Bistro, free internet and parking. Call 1-800-321-2211 for reservations; refer to the group name "UNM Homecoming Weekend Room Block" or book online here. Must book by September 5 for these special rates.
Air and rail travel options are listed below.
- Air Travel: For commercial airlines serving Albuquerque, visit http://www.cabq.gov/airport/airlines-flight-services.
- Rail Travel: For information on Amtrak Services, visit www.amtrak.com. For information on the New Mexico Rail Runner, visit www.nmrailrunner.com.
Schedule of Events
For questions or more information:
Alumni Relations Office