Celebration traditions, making new ones
Here are a few things you can look forward to this year!
For our out-of-town Lobos, we host an annual online auction that supports UNM student scholarships and alumni programs. The online auction kicks off the festivities on Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 8 p.m. Sunday, October 1, 2016. Our generous donors give to our auction items including balloon rides, ski packages, green chile deliveries and so much more! Donate online, or contact Victoria Beserra-Lujan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 277-6040.
Hodgin Hall Alumni Center Open House & Silent Auction
We invite alumni and the community to our annual Open House & Silent Auction on Friday, September 30, 2016 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Hodgin Hall Alumni Center for an evening of fun, entertainment and refreshments. Bidding on fabulous auction items from our generous donors. Help the UNM Alumni Association Scholarship Fund and programs by participating in the auction proceeds support UNM students and alumni programs.
Join The Homecoming 127 Club!
By joining The Homecoming 127 Club, you send a strong message to other alumni and friends about the importance of supporting the UNM Alumni Association and UNM. Members receive either a pair of tickets to the Homecoming football game or a copy of the limited edition Homecoming poster. In addition you will be listed as a member of the loyal Homecoming 127 Club on our website. Your generous donation of $127 will help sponsor UNM's Homecoming celebrations!
Homecoming Community Service Project
The UNM Homecoming Committee will collect dry and canned food for Roadrunner Food Bank in support of the Lobo Pantry. Please drop your items from 8:00-5:00 p.m. at Hodgin Hall Alumni Center or during the All Alumni Open House on Friday, September 30.
Homecoming Campus Decorating and Short Film Contest
We will sponsor a banner-decorating contest between student organizations. The banners must convey the spirit and theme of homecoming: HOWLABALOO: Let's Get This Party Started! Banners will be displayed at the SUB Atrium during Homecoming Week.
Travel and Lodging
The official hotels for Homecoming 2016 are listed below. Homecoming weekend overlaps with the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta so special room rates have been negotiated for our alumni for Homecoming week (September 26-October 2). Please see reservation deadlines specific to each hotel.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1901 University Blvd. NE, offers a discount rate to UNM Alumni of $94.00 per night September 26-29, then $115.67 per night September 30-October 1. Call (505) 884-2500 for reservations, or call Tony Ration, Reservations Manager, at (505) 998-6405. Refer to the group name "UNM." You may also book online here. Must book by August 27 for these special rates.
- Fairfield Inn, 1760 Menaul Blvd. NE, offers a discount rate for UNM Alumni for $74/night Monday-Thursday and $129/night Friday-Sunday (plus tax). Call 1-877-301-8484 (toll free) for reservations, or book online here. Must book by August 27 for these special rates. Note: when you make the reservation online, only the $129 rate will show. They will correct the UNM reservations on their side to reflect the Mon-Thurs reduced rate. If you have questions please call their toll free number for help.
- The Courtyard by Marriott Albuquerque Airport, 1920 Yale Blvd SE, offers a discount rate for UNM Alumni during Homecoming week for $139/night plus tax based on queen with two beds, and includes breakfast for two in the Bistro, free internet and parking. Call 1-800-321-2211 for reservations; refer to the group name "UNM Homecoming Weekend Room Block" or book online here. Must book by September 5 for these special rates.
Air and rail travel options are listed below.
- Air Travel: For commercial airlines serving Albuquerque, visit http://www.cabq.gov/airport/airlines-flight-services.
- Rail Travel: For information on Amtrak Services, visit www.amtrak.com. For information on the New Mexico Rail Runner, visit www.nmrailrunner.com.
Schedule of Events
For questions or more information:
Alumni Relations Office