Hodgin Hall Alumni Center Rental Policy
All Alumni Association Chartered Organizations, Groups and Committees may use any room in Hodgin Hall Alumni Center with no rental fees for chapter/committee meetings and events.
The CLIENT is responsible for any charges or equipment rented over and above items supplied by Alumni Center such as (filming, recording, flowers, musicians).
The Alumni Association may require security if the event type or total projected attendance surpasses a certain number of attendees, such that security is necessary to supplement the event staff in monitoring guests and usage of the building. Security could be charged at an hourly rate determined by the Special Events Coordinator.
Booking Your Event
Your request should be submitted at least one month prior to the event. Room space may not be available if requested with less than a two week notice. If two groups request the same space on the same date, priority will be on a first come first served basis.
- First step in the booking process is to contact the Alumni Relations Office by phone at 505-277-5808, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. MT, or by email and request the room/rooms. The CLIENT will need to provide event details such as: event contact, date, time, room/rooms requested, type of event, number of attendees and any other needs such as A/V equipment.
- The Special Events Coordinator will check the calendar, approve the request, and provide the CLIENT the appropriate reservation fee.
- The Special Events Coordinator will direct the CLIENT to the booking website to submit the approved event details and remit payment. Full payment must be made at that time using credit card, University PCard or PO.
- Once the CLIENT has paid the appropriate fees, they will be guaranteed the space requested. The event will be considered booked and scheduled on the calendar.
In general, no refunds are given. However, if circumstances warrant, refunds can be issued. If the CLIENT needs to cancel their reservation they may transfer it to another date within the same fiscal year under the same guidelines. Payment received will be applied to the new reservation. Any changes that would result in additional charges will need to be paid through the booking website.
Each meeting or scheduled event must have a primary contact person on behalf of the CLIENT who will be:
- Present at the event from beginning to end
- Responsible for the behavior and demeanor of the guests
- The spokesperson for the group
- Responsible for all payments, as well as any damages and/or property loss incurred during the event
The University of New Mexico Alumni Association assumes no responsibility for personal injury, damage to or the loss of personal property during a scheduled event.
The CLIENT is responsible for any and all damage to Hodgin Hall Alumni Center property (building and its furnishings) caused by setup, guests, outside contractors or any other entity that is hired by or is a guest of the CLIENT or individual. All supplies, boxes, etc. must be taken off site after the event. Trash in excess of bins must be bagged.
The University of New Mexico Alumni Association reserves the right not to provide space to groups that have failed to comply with this policy in the past, or would require that the Alumni association to incur extra expenses to host them.
Last updated: January 23, 2020
For questions or more information:
Alumni Relations Office