Trailblazers and Student Alumni Ambassadors
UNM Trailblazers are ambassadors for the UNM Alumni Association and The University of New Mexico. Trailblazers volunteer at UNM Alumni Association functions. They may also choose to participate in special volunteer projects or fundraising activities chosen by the organization.
As Trailblazers, members develop leadership skills by interacting with other student leaders, networking with community members, participating in workshops and conferences and serving as the governing board for the Student Alumni Ambassadors (SAA).
To request the Trailblazers
To request assistance from Trailblazers at your event, please contact the UNM Alumni Relations Office by calling 505-277-5808.
Support UNM Trailblazers
To provide financial assistance to UNM Trailblazers to attend conferences and program support, visit our secure online donation form (opens in new window). For more information contact the UNM Alumni Relations Office at 505-277-5808.
2018-2019 Executive Board
- President: Sab Moore
- Vice President of Membership: John Algermissen
- Vice President of Recruitment: Jorge Rios
- Vice President of Social and Professional Development: Sara Gold
Outstanding Trailblazer of the Year Award Recipients
The Outstanding Trailblazer of the Year recognition is determined solely by the recipient's peers.
Where Trailblazers blaze trails:
- Alumni Association: Alumni Awards Dinner, Lobo Living Room, Alumni Board Meetings and Luncheons, Alumni Homecoming Activities, and Legislative Receptions
- President’s office: Basketball games, Dinners, Receptions, Student Luncheons, and UNM’s Hanging of the Greens
For questions or more information:
Alumni Relations Office