Young Alumni Chapter
Congratulations New Grads! You've just recently graduated from UNM, what's next?
Job hunting? Grad school? Whatever your plans are and wherever they may take you, your Alumni Association has resources to help guide you in your transition to the "real world." The UNM Young Alumni Chapter caters to the needs of alums who graduated from UNM within the last 15 years, whether they stay in New Mexico or relocate to another state.
Young Alumni Chapter Information
Opportunities for Networking: We create a fun and engaging environment with other UNM alumni with events such as Welcome New Grads receptions (Wine and Cheese), Homecoming receptions, family-oriented events, Beer and Baseball, Lobos Coast To Coast, Professional Development events, and the Dinner for 12 Lobos.
Professional Development: We provide workshop opportunities and guidance in the areas of personal finance and investment, career development and the life skills involved in transitioning from student to alum.
- Career Development: UNM Career Services Youtube Video Tips available here! NM Career Match, jobs for NM grads!
- Office of Graduate Studies: Workshops to help prepare graduate students with a thesis, dissertation manuscript or assistantship.
- Workshops and Events: Throughout the year, we also have workshops and events about home buying, financial planning, graduate school planning, community service, professional development and networking. Check our Events Calendar for upcoming workshops.
Lobo Connections: As a new graduate, moving to a new and unfamiliar place can be an exciting, yet stressful experience. You may want to connect with a chapter leader already established in that area and ease your anxiety. Lobo Connections connects graduating students and young alumni with alumni across the country.
The Service and Philanthropy Committee exist to coordinate Young Alumni service activities and charitable contributions to the university and local community. We are focused on developing our relationships with the communities that we live in and dedicated to creating new and creative ways for us to give back to UNM, the City of Albuquerque, and our surrounding communities through community service.
Individuals interested in planning and organizing community service projects through the Young Alumni Association are invited to come to our meetings or join our committee Facebook group. Organizations seeking volunteers for projects or events should contact the Young Alumni Service and Philanthropy Committee Chair.
We reach out! We make connections to The University of New Mexico and the greater New Mexico community through service, engagements and charitable endeavors. Learn more about upcoming events such as the Young Alumni Costume Drive and Ronald McDonald House.
Campus Engagement Committee serves as a critical link between Young Alumni and The University of New Mexico campus and upcoming graduates by engaging directly with student organizations and university departments to promote Young Alumni and Alumni Association opportunities.
Young Alumni's newest committee, we are working to improve the pipeline between upperclassman to alumni. Contact Joe Dworak for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Marketing and Communications Committee helps to increase member participation through effective outreach and marketing.
Find a Chapter near you. Contact your chapter leaders for recommendations of things to do, places to see and be seen, and tips to help you adjust to your new city. Questions graduating students and young alumni may want to ask their Lobo contact include:
- Where should I look for decent, affordable apartments?
- Is public transportation easily accessible?
- If I lived on one side of town, how long would it take to commute downtown or drive across town?
- Are there grocery stores, malls, etc. near where I'll be living?
- Is one part of town considered more safe than another?
- What sports, theatre, or other entertainment opportunities are available in the area?
Young Alumni Advisory Board
DeAnna Salazar (2012)
- Wes Beck (2011)
- Aaron Currence (2016)
- Greg Golden (2011)
- Charla Henley (2016)
- Rosa Holguin (2012)
- Clement Peter Jose (2015)
- Jillian Martinez (2014)
- Tyler McCormick (2007, 2013)
- Theresa Rogers (2010, 2012)
- Marcos Romero (2015)
- Diane Sun (2016)
- Joseph Ulibarri (2005, 2007)
- Dana Allen
Last Updated: December 28, 2016
For questions or more information: